Collaborative Hypertext of Radiology
glioblastoma multiforme (GBM)
"grade IV astrocytoma"
- invasive, malignant glioma of astrocytic origin
- most common supratentorial glioma (40%)
- 40-60 y.o.
- may occur anywhere in the brain
- commonly spreads across corpus callosum
- CT findings:
- tumor margin slightly higher density than brain
- finger-like projections of low density (edema)
- marked enhancement with contrast
Yong H. Hahn, MD - 2 February 1995
Last updated: 1 October 2013
Copyright © 2013, Charles E. Kahn, Jr.