Collaborative Hypertext of Radiology
total anomalous pulmonary venous return (TAPVR)
admixture lesion: cyanosis, increased pulmonary blood flow
- incidence 2%
- must have R->L shunt for survival (eg, ASD)
- Darling's classification
- Type I = supracardiac (55%) - "Snowman heart"
- Type II = cardiac (30%)
- Type III = infracardiac (12%)
see congenital heart disease
- ASD (needed for survival)
- asplenia - 3/4 of cases have TAPVR
Charles E. Kahn, Jr., MD - 2 February 1995
Last updated: 1 October 2013
Copyright © 2013, Charles E. Kahn, Jr.