Collaborative Hypertext of Radiology
Several disorders cause parkinsonism as a clinical component of disease.
Only about 76% of patients clinically diagnosed as idiopathic Parkinson
disease actually have the disease.
- clinical features
- resting tremor
- abnormal postural reflexes
- common causes
- idiopathic Parkinson disease
- drug-related parkinsonism
- Alzheimer disease
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- multiple system atrophy
- Shy-Drager syndrome
- olivo-ponto-cerebellar atrophy
- striatonigral degeneration
- uncommon causes
- commonly mistaken for Parkinson disease
- essential tremor
- vascular pseudo-parkinsonism
James Lowe, DM BM BS MRCPath - 13 November 1997
Last updated: 1 October 2013
Copyright © 2013, Charles E. Kahn, Jr.