Collaborative Hypertext of Radiology
candidiasis of esophagus (moniliasis)
- long esophageal segments involved (more common in lower 1/2)
- 1-2 mm nodular filling defects with linear orientation (plaques)
- "cobble stone": mucosal nodularity in early stage
- shaggy, fuzzy, serrated contour (from pseudomembranes, erosions,
ulcerations, intramural hemmorhage)
- narrowed lumen (spasm, pseudomembrane, edema)
- "intramural diverticulosis"
- sluggish/absent peristalsis
endoscopy (97%), double contrast (88%), single contrast (55%)
Yong H. Hahn, MD - 2 February 1995
Last updated: 1 October 2013
Copyright © 2013, Charles E. Kahn, Jr.