Collaborative Hypertext of Radiology
- glomerular form (chronic glomerulonephritis)
- tubular form (congenital renal osteodystrophy)
- osteomalacia (adults): acquired insensitivity to vitamin D
- osteitis fibrosa
- osteosclerosis: one of the most common radiological manifestations
- diffuse chalky density
- thoracolumbar spine in 60%: "rugger jersey spine"
- also in pelvis, ribs, long bones, facial bones, base of skull (kids)
- soft tissue calcifications
- arteries, periarticular, cutaneous/subcutaneous viscera
- fluffy amorphous "tumoral" calcification
Yong H. Hahn, MD - 2 February 1995
Last updated: 1 October 2013
Copyright © 2013, Charles E. Kahn, Jr.