Collaborative Hypertext of Radiology
"Calve-Kummel-Verneuil disease", "vertebral osteochondrosis"
- avascular necrosis of vertebral body
- age: 2-15 years
- uniform collapse of vertebral body into flat thin disc
- increased density of verbra
- neural arches not affected
- disc spaces are normal with normal intervertebral disc space
- intervertebral vacuum cleft sign (pathognomonic)
- no kyphosis
Yong H. Hahn, MD - 2 February 1995
Last updated: 1 October 2013
Copyright © 2013, Charles E. Kahn, Jr.