Collaborative Hypertext of Radiology
"cataract in connection with scleroderma"
- rare; unknown etiology
- M = F
- premature aging, short stature
- thin, atrophic extremities
- generalized osteoporosis
- accelerated atherosclerosis (calcification of arteries, heart valves)
- beaked nose
- multiple infections (incl. osteomyelitis)
- scleroderma-like skin changes
- increased incidence of malignancy: GI tract, lung, kidney, ovary, breast
Charles E. Kahn, Jr., MD - 2 February 1995
Last updated: 1 October 2013
Copyright © 2013, Charles E. Kahn, Jr.