Collaborative Hypertext of Radiology
GU - Other
applies to duplex collecting systems
- upper-pole ureter
- obstruction ==> hydronephrosis
- inserts more inferiorly and medially in bladder
- may insert into urethra, vagina, etc.
- males not incontinent: insertion above ext. sphincter
- associated with ureterocele
- lower-pole ureter
- reflux ==> pyelonephritis
see also: "drooping lily" sign
Charles E. Kahn, Jr., MD - 2 February 1995
Last updated: 1 October 2013
Copyright © 2013, Charles E. Kahn, Jr.